10.13.2005

My Learning Style



From http://www.learning-styles-online.com/

Looks like I need to work on my Social learning skills. This online quiz is free to use and even has an option available to registered instructors to create Groups. You can then send your students to submit their answers to the quiz in order to gather some class specific learning style stats. Pretty slick. Wouldn't it be nice to know that the vast majority of learns in your English Comp class were low verbal, but highly physical and social?

Now I wouldn't advocate catering to their every learning style. As if that would ever be possible anyway. But if I was in your class struggling with a group assignment perhaps a quick glance at my results would cause an instructor to say, "Hey, Al. How are you getting along in your group? Are you finding you have tasks as a member of the group? Do you feel like the group is helping you? Do you have some pictures you might share with the group to further the assignment?"

That might be great. That kind of push -- touching upon my strengths to bolster my weakness -- would make learning very productive.

No comments: