6.14.2006

Word to HTML

I think I found something here: Textism Word HTML Cleaner. Many faculty will first create syllabi and other course material in MS Word and either simply upload those word files or save them as bloated HTML files with the MS Word Save As Web Page/Web Page Filtered option. I decided I needed to find a better solution. Textism involves an extra step, but the end result is much cleaner! And it's free!! With this tool, the file to be cleaned must already be saved from Word as an HTML file. After the conversion, you copy and paste the resulting code into your HTML/Text editor and save it (or paste it directly into WebCT's text editor). There is also this software that I am exploring: Word Cleaner. It does the same thing except that users can theoretically choose which HTML tags to preserve and which to remove all from within the Word environment. It also allows for batch converting! But it costs a little something ($69 for educational license, trial version available). The complexity of the program seems to create more possibility for errors and I have encountered a few already. But it has incredible potential!

No comments: