2.17.2012

Remind 101

I'm not a big texter anymore, and maybe I never was - there was a period, while dating my now wife, when I gained some thumb typing skills, but now it's a fairly rare occurrence. That said, I still find it to be one of the best reminder type notifications - especially for those who use their phone a bunch. I've heard of enterprising instructors collecting cell-phone numbers of students who want to be texted about class activities and events. I've also heard of instructors weary of sharing their private phone numbers with students -- and I often sing the praised of Google Voice to those who will listen. With Remind 101, a slick alternative is available. Simply sign up on Remind101.com, share your class code with your students and they can opt in to receive reminders from you. Scheduled texts are also a feature. Looks promising.



Remind101 from remind101 on Vimeo.