2.20.2008

Conference Wrap-up


"Alright, which one of you keeps tapping me on the shoulder?"

I tend to feel shoulder-tapped after a good bit of conferencing. There are the new technologies tapping my left, and the beneficial processes tapping my right, and anecdotal stories tapping either side or both sides. And then there are the multitude of questions that remain and need for more research that can't happen quickly enough. It's all a tad overwhelming.

To help summarize, here is a bulleted list of questions and thoughts:
  • Does improved design improve retention/learning?
  • Is text dead or dying?
  • Can video fill the reading gap?
  • Are we diluting education by reducing reading, and speaking to other modalities?
  • Do faculty want to learn or be trained?
  • Do students want to learn or be trained?
  • How social should learning be?
  • Why can't I sync this iPod to more than one computer?
  • Why is it so cold in Iowa?

No comments: