2.18.2008

Video on a Budget

Video Camp. Too cool. But a lot of work.

I plan to follow up on this presentation. I like video. I want to encourage more faculty to work with video. I want to encourage students to work with video. The presentation was directed more toward the absolute beginner, but I still picked up an interesting scripting worksheet. The worksheet is designed to help faculty plan for a better video project. This will certainly make it into my KCELT seminar next fall.

Top reasons video is bad? Lighting and audio, according to the speaker. So, she bought a nice camera, sweet lights and some good mics. But I would add that a poor plan would also lead to a poor video. The scripting process they have devised helps that.

Columbia Gorge Community College delivers their videos through iTunes U. Is Kirkwood looking into iTunes U? The powerpoint and the scripting document and sample videos are available on Paula Ascher's blog. She's pretty cool.

No comments: